Monday, August 22, 2011

Art Camp - Days 2 & 3

On days two and three, end-of-class time got hectic and I missed taking a bunch of the photos of the kids' work - bummer! Here are some of the things we worked on:

Above: Oil Pastel Portraits - for many of them, this was their first experience with oil pastels. Great job!
Above: I really wish I would have taken pictures of these fun prints. They were made from pieces of styrofoam (think: take-out box from restaurant) that were "scratched" into. Then they used a brayer to ink their plate  with printmaking ink. The impressions printed really well on the Subi block printing paper. The kids had a lot of fun doing this!


Above: One day we also made a mini sketchbook with drawings of different animals. I encouraged them to stretch themselves and draw something they have never tried to draw before. The results were impressive. 
The last project was an ocean themed watercolor project.


No comments:

Post a Comment